Yes… this one is all about me.
And for the first time, I don't feel the need to apologise for saying that.
For a long time, I thought being there for others, helping others and caring for others was what made life meaningful. But somewhere along the way, life quietly taught me something deeper:
I cannot pour from an empty cup.
I cannot be strong for everyone if I am not strong within myself.
I cannot carry others if I have forgotten how to carry myself.
And I cannot truly experience the freedom of life if I am constantly dependent on someone else to live it.
Over the years, through experiences, situations, disappointments, conversations and moments that only I truly understand, I have slowly come to know myself.
I have realised that my body is not something I should fight against.
It is the home my soul has been given.
And I want to take care of that home.
I want to become stronger.
I want to become healthier.
I want to feel stable within myself — physically, emotionally and mentally.
I want to be organised enough to create the life I dream about and strong enough to walk towards it, one step at a time.
Recently, I was speaking to someone over a video call about my life. During our conversation, he asked me something that stayed with me long after the call ended:
“What is the purpose of your existence?”
I kept thinking about that question.
What is my purpose?
Why am I here?
What am I really trying to achieve in this lifetime?
And the more I looked within, the more I realised that perhaps I don't need to have one grand answer.
Maybe my soul already knows.
Maybe my purpose is not a title, a destination or something that the world can measure.
Maybe, for me, it is a feeling.
Freedom.
The freedom to be myself.
The freedom to make my own choices.
The freedom to work, earn, create, travel, experience, love and live.
The freedom to take care of myself.
The freedom to feel strong in my own body.
The freedom to wake up and know that I can participate in my own life instead of simply watching it happen around me.
I want independence.
Not because I don't need people.
But because I want to meet people from a place of choice rather than helplessness.
I want to be able to say, “I can take care of myself, and I choose to have you beside me.”
There is a beautiful difference between needing someone and choosing someone.
And I want to live from that place.
But there is something even deeper.
My dream of becoming strong and independent is not only about me.
I want to grow so that I can take others with me.
I want to work.
I want to create.
I want to build.
I want to share what I learn.
I want to support people who are walking beside me.
I want my growth to become someone else's hope.
Maybe that is where my purpose begins.
Not in becoming perfect.
Not in proving anything to the world.
But in becoming more and more of who I truly am.
I have started to understand that taking care of myself is not selfish.
Choosing myself is not selfish.
Resting is not selfish.
Wanting a beautiful life is not selfish.
Wanting financial freedom is not selfish.
Wanting a healthy and fit body is not selfish.
Wanting love, happiness, comfort, travel, abundance and meaningful work is not selfish.
These are simply desires of a soul that wants to experience life fully.
And perhaps spirituality, for me, is not about escaping this world.
Perhaps it is about becoming fully alive within it.
To be grateful for what I have while still having the courage to dream bigger.
To accept where I am while continuing to move towards where I want to be.
To understand that my circumstances may be a part of my story, but they do not have to be the definition of my future.
I don't know exactly where this journey will take me.
But I know what I want to feel when I get there.
I want to feel free.
I want to feel strong.
I want to feel healthy.
I want to feel independent.
I want to feel peaceful within myself.
And I want to look back one day and know that I didn't simply survive my life.
I lived it.
I chose it.
I created it.
And I became the woman my soul was always trying to lead me towards.
So yes…
This one is all about me.
Not the version of me that the world expects.
Not the version of me shaped by circumstances.
But the woman within me who is still dreaming, still growing, still healing, still believing and still becoming.
Maybe my purpose is not something I need to find.
Maybe it is something I need to become.
And if I can become strong enough to carry myself…
perhaps one day I can reach back, hold another person's hand,
and say,
“Come. Let's go forward together.”


No comments:
Post a Comment